A weekend in the country package, including a slow food picnic and meal
Silly is reputed for its brewery and its slow food products, and it is also famed for its gorgeous rolling countryside, its rural heritage and its woods, which are amongst the most attractive in the region! The River Sille, a tributary of the River Dendre, runs through the local State-owned forest, a 300-hectare (740-acre) beech grove.
The Silly Tourist Office is Bike Welcome certified and will organise a 20-km (12½-mile) bike outing for you, and also a picnic featuring slow food products. You will go past several producers who adhere to the principles of the slow food movement and your route will take you close to several convivial picnic areas. In the evening, you have a booking at “La Clef Deschamps”, a bed and breakfast which serves evening meals which people really love. “La Clef Deschamps” is a peaceful and welcoming setting for a getaway for two, deep in the country. Also take advantage of your break in Silly to visit MaquiStory, which retraces the brave acts and the history of the local resistance movement during World War II.
Included in the offer
- One overnight stay in a double room, including a bubbly welcome drink at the bed and breakfast “La Clef Deschamps”;
- Breakfast for two people;
- Dinner for two, featuring two tasting menus (this includes: pre-dinner drinks, a three-course menu, different types of water, wine and coffee included);
- One Eden Slow Tour for two people, which includes:
- A slow food picnic for two people;
- Two local craft drinks;
- A reusable lunch bag;
- A map featuring altitudes;
- Two tickets for MaquiStory;
- One bike outing map of Picardy Wallonia;
- The option of borrowing bikes from “La Clef Deschamps” or mountain bikes from the Silly Tourist Office.
To see, to do nearby
Green escape by bike to SillyFind out more
Sille pathwayFind out more
On your bike from Silly Rouge to Enghien BlondeFind out more
Princes' walkFind out more
Walk around castles and Bois de la Provision woodFind out more
MaquiStoryFind out more
The Saint Marcoult Scrubland Walking TourFind out more
"L'Alouette"Find out more
Le Verger d'HellebecqFind out more
Thoricourt, its pathways and wooded hillsFind out more
A weekend for friends with meals near the Castle of Beloeil
In Aubechies, you are in one of the most beautiful villages in Wallonia and are also in the seat of the Princes of Ligne. The Ajiste holiday cottage stands just beside the handsome Saint Géry Church, not far from the Aubechies-Beloeil Archeosite® and Museum and also close to the Castle of Beloeil.
A romantic weekend with meals at a four-star hotel
Here and there in the Enghien area you will find scattered about hedges, copses, orchards and huge fields. You will stay at the four-star Hotel Vieux Cèdre, close to the historical town of Enghien and the equally-historical Enghien Park, which you will have the opportunity to tour with a guide.